islpro.info under the aegis of All India Pingalwara Charitable Society, Amritsar
Expanding Deaf Horizons
—The intent of the site is to provide up-to-date information to the deaf children, their parents, teachers of the Deaf or anyone else interested in contributing to the welfare of the deaf community. For the first time the information is being made available in Punjabi. The site provides sign language videos, articles and case studies of Indian children and their parent’s experiences. Your suggestions can help us in further developing the Indian Sign Language. The highlights are:
- Indian Sign Language Dictionary (English) click here.
- Indian Sign Language Dictionary (Punjabi) click here.
- How to educate Deaf Children click here.
- Where to educate deaf Children in Punjab click here.
- Share your views by becoming a member of the site for free click here.
- A home for the homeless- Pingalwara click here .
*40 new Signs uploaded on 7th February 2018.
Online education for the deaf available now. All schools for the deaf can join our free network on the SKYPE for lessons
*A new online school for the deaf at Bhagat Puran Singh Adarsh School Buttar Kalan, Kadian.
Lessons available on YouTube and online from Bhagat Puran singh School for the Deaf, Manawala, Amritsar.
5th elementary School for Deaf is being opened by Pingalwara in Hoshiarpur. It will be operational shortly.